March 28, 2007

ICU, Nogawa and Musashino Park, Mitaka (March 29th)


(Cherry blossoms, ICU campus)

It has been so warm since yesterday, so I went to see how the cherry blossoms are at ICU and Nogawa park in my neighborhood. At the ICU campus, it is near to the peak...about 70-80 % of cherry is blooming now. When I was checking around the bush to see if any morel mushrooms grow, I happend to see some Leiothrix lutea (Red-billed Leiothrix, Soushichou). It was first time for me to see that bird, so I was quite excited. Then I went to Nogawa park and found many Gentiana zollingeri (Fude Rindou) plants there. At Musashino park the cherry blossoms are in full bloom now. Quite a few people were having Hanami party.

桜 の開花状況を確認にICUのキャンパスと野川公園、武蔵野公園へ行ってきました。ICUの桜は7、8分咲きくらい。もう見ごろですが、今週末は最高なん じゃないでしょうか。野川公園ではフデリンドウが見事です。柳の芽吹きが風に揺れて今日はとても気持ちよかったです。武蔵野公園の桜はほぼ満開です。 ICUにもソウシチョウがいたんですね。驚きです。


Leiothrix lutea (Red-billed Leiothrix, Soushichou)


Gentiana zollingeri (Fude Rindou)


(Nogawa park)


Vicia angustifolia (Yahazu Endou or Karasu no Endou)


(Cherry, Musashino park)


(Musashino park)


Lithospermum zollingeri (Hotaru Kazura)
(Only one flower, but it's already blooming.)

No comments: