March 20, 2017

Green Sweets

I made the Matcha cake at the coffee shop, too!

I made a Matcha (green tea) cake at home the other day, and took a few pieces of the cake to the coffee shop I work for.  They liked the idea and we made the same cake for St. Patrick's Day!   The design on the top of the cake is in homage to an Irish film "The Wind that Shakes the Barley", but I just labeled them as "Matcha Cake", because something simple is easier to order for the customers.
I made some other interesting sweet treats for St. Patrick's Day, too.

先週金曜日はセント・パトリックス・デーだったので、それに因んだお菓子を職場で作らせてもらいました。
先日、家で作った抹茶のオペラも、さっそく、商品としてお店で作らせてもらいました。
Biscuit joconde with Matcha powder,
Matcha Buttercream using pâte à bombe,
and Matcha white chocolate ganache. 

The Matcha pastry cream for the mille crêpe I made at home.

 The Matcha mille crêpe.

This is made of layers of crêpe.
I put Matcha pastry cream and 
whipped cream with a hint of kirschwasser between each layer. 

I liked the Matcha-flavored pastry cream.

 Here is the Matcha financier made with the egg whites,
which I kept when I got egg yolks for the pastry cream out of the whole eggs.

We put some shamrock leaves on the top of each macaron
for St. Patrick's Day.

Here is the shot taken right after they were out of the oven.

The filling was peppermint white ganache.

On St. Patrick's Day, I made Italian meringe buttercream
with peppermint white chocolate flavor for the cupcakes.

I made some buttercream shamrock leaves, too.

Here is the latest macaron I made at the shop.
Matcha white chocolate ganache in each shell.

I hope people will like these.

No comments: